The Annual Minority Mentoring Picnic
Passport to Success — February 3, 2018 from 10am-3pm at Zoo Miami
The Annual Minority Mentoring Picnic has been our premier annual event since 2004. The MMP has grown exponentially each year and is well attended by many judges, established lawyers and law students from every school in Florida. Every student, lawyer and judge who attends the MMP will have an opportunity to find a mentor or mentee in an fun and informal setting. This year's event will be held at Zoo Miami! We hope you can join us!
Important Information for All Picnic Attendees
Picnic Registration is Required for Free Admission
- Admission Fee for attendees who register after January 19, 2018: Attendees who register January 19th will pay a $15 Admission Fee for Online Registration.
- Admission Fee for Attendees who pay at the door: $20.00 per person. No Exceptions.
**Registered Attendees must bring registration ticket as proof of registration to speed up admittance and avoid an admission fee.
Click here to Register!
General Picnic Information
- Parking is FREE - and the east lot is suggested
- Picnic Gates open at 10 AM
- Private event entrance east of the main entrance on the Florida Field. Look for the Blue Giraffe Sculpture
- LUNCH will be served from 12-2PM
Sponsor Tent Information
- The tents are 10 x 10
- The tables are 8 feet x 30 inches and come with a disposable table cover and 2 chairs
- Executive and Platinum Sponsorships include Tent Flags with Sponsor Logo
- All sponsors are welcome to bring tent marketing materials and branding, but NO GROUND STAKES are allowed.
- Self-standing signs, flags, banners, step and repeats etc. must be weighted
Sponsor Tent Set Up
- Friday, February 2, 2018 — Pre-picnic Set-Up (strongly encouraged)
- Sponsors can begin setting up or may drop off tent materials on Friday, February 2nd between 10AM-3PM at the Florida Field entrance east on the Zoo's main entrance. Look for the Blue Giraffe Sculpture
- Tent marketing swag/materials can be delivered by courier to the Picnic site on Friday, February 2nd between 10am and 3pm. Any delivered materials must be packaged and clearly labeled with the Sponsor and Sponsor Contact Names, Phone Number and Email Address. Materials delivered before 3pm will be placed at the Sponsor's tent. We strongly encourage you to deliver or drop off your materials on Friday.
- Saturday, February 3, 2018 — Picnic Day
- If you choose to set-up your Tent on Saturday, you must arrive by 8am and complete the tent set-up by 10am. Please note that any person entering the picnic area must have a ticket so please have everyone involved in set-up pre-register for the picnic.
- Sponsor Tent Questions
- Have a set up question? Call Ilien at 305-582-8211 or Patty 305-984-2971
This year's picnic is themed Passport to Success and we have made exciting changes:
We are moving to the world famous Zoo Miami, a beautiful location with ample parking and easy access from the Florida Turnpike. The Zoo will be fully available to guests before and after the picnic.
Our goal is to have a more interactive event. We have developed "Passport" activities for law students, attorneys and judges which are designed to make interaction and mentoring connections easier, informal and fun. Sponsors will play a significant role in the success of the "Passport" activities. Click here for more information on available sponsorships.
Registration is required and can be easily completed on-line for each registrant and up to four (4) guests by clicking Register Here below. A confirmation email and admission ticket(s) will be sent immediately upon completion of the registration process. All guests who register on or before January 19, 2018 will have free admission. Guests who do not timely register in advance must pay an admission fee of $20.00 for Adults and $10.00 for Kids under twelve (12). Parking is free for all guests.
Click here to register.
We are not changing everything!
The picnic will still have students, lawyers and judges from around the state, great food, music and family activities. We look forward to seeing you there.